Monday, January 30, 2012

As my friends and I were busy talking and laughing in the staff room, our friend Anna came distributing a piece of paper.  Everybody was curious. After looking at the content, Zai recited the poem and there were tears in everybody eyes. We were so touched...and I hereby would like share with you..


When I Turn Old

When I turn old,
when I am not the original me,
Please understand me and have patience with me

When I drip gravy all over my clothes,
when I forget to tie my shoelaces,
Please remember how I taught you what to do,
and how to do many things by hand.

When I repeatedly tell you things that you're tired of hearing,
Please be patient and listen to me.
Please do not interrupt me.
When you were young,
I told you the same story over and over again
until you sleep.

When I need you to help me bathe,
Please do not scold me.
Do you still remember how when you were small
I had to coax you to take a bath?

When I do not understand new technology,
Please do not laugh at me or mock me.
Please think how I used to be so patient with you
to answer your every "Why".

When my two legs are tired and cannot walk anymore,
Please stretch out your powerful hands to lend me a hand,
just like when you were a baby learning to walk
I held both your hands.

When I suddenly forget what subject we were discussing,
Please give me a little time to recollect.
Actually,
it does not matter what we are talking about;
as long as you are by my side,
I am so contended and happy already.

 When you see the old me,
Please do not be sad.
Please understand me and support me,
just like how I was with you when you were young
and were just learning to face life.
At the beginning,
I guided you to the path of life.
Now I ask you to keep me company
to finish this last leg of my life.
Give me your love and patience,
I will give you a grateful smile,
and crystallized in this smile
is my endless love for you.

(The poem is originated from the November 2004 issue of Digital Family of Mexico)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment